Monday, August 06, 2007

What is Love?

What is love?
When you say 'I love you' what do you really mean?
Do you mean I am needy I am in need of you don't leave me?
Do you mean I have a nice warm fuzzy feeling when I am close to you?
Do you mean I rely completely and totally on you, without you I am capable of nothing?
Do you mean you like my cock in you ?
Do you mean you want something from me?
Do you mean that despite my faults and failings you accept me and you will do the utmost within your power, while all the time never loosing site of yourself, to help me grow and be a better a person. That you will always respect both of us and do your best never to abuse us? Do you? Then I love you to!
What is it when we say 'I love you' ?

5 comments:

Grace said...

When I say "I love you" to someone, it's my way of saying that I appreciate them...their presence and essence in my life...and who it is they are (at least, who they are in my own perception).

However, that being said, "Love" is a word that can entrap us. English could really use several more words to describe all of the different variants of love. "I love chocolate" is not the same as "I love the way you touch me" or "I love my job" or "I love my children".

It's both a highly overused word, and one that is not used enough.

Warrior said...

Thank you Grace

Lady in red said...

it means everything you say but it shouldn't mean I love you so much that I am nothing without you.

I have been searching for a word I can use which means more than like but which doesn't bring all the emotional angst that the word love can cause.

Moni said...

I think it means several different things. I love you means, I care about you. I love you means, I wont intentionally hurt you. I love you means, I am human and may fuck up once in a while but I need forgiveness because I do love you!!

Warrior said...

Welcome Moni, many many thanks for your sweet words :-)